MTA advocates for fundamental trucking legislation such as taxes, labor and tolling while strategically supporting related issues proposed by other associations and agencies. A few major examples:
- MTA urges modernizing TSA screening requirements
- MTA joins ATA in calling on governors to provide truck parking funds
- MTA joins coalition to voice strong opposition to Michigan legislation that would make independent contractors company employees
- MTA joins fight to urge Congress to avoid rail strike
- MTA signs letter urging support for TSA Threat Assessment Enrollment Bill
- MTA joins American Trucking Association in vaccine mandate appeal to Supreme Court
- MTA opposes financing infrastructure through tolling existing interstates as part of The Alliance for Toll-Free Interstates
Call on Washington
April 30-May 1, 2024
MTA members are invited to participate in American Trucking Associations’ Call on Washington. MTA’s delegation, led by MTA’s President, attends pre-set appointments in Washington, DC with Michigan senators and state representatives, key congressional staff, federal regulators and fellow industry leaders to discuss those issues vital to the state’s trucking industry.
This political action committee is the sole medium through which the Association can participate financially in election campaigns. Your personal support of PAC is crucial to the financial well-being of the trucking industry—especially when discussing weight, tax and registration fee legislation.